Wednesday 21 March 2012

Happy Memories

Ship's Mast by Lillput
Ship's Mast, a photo by Lillput on Flickr.
This photograph was taken five years ago...just a few days before everything changed irrevocably.

My life now bears little resemblance to my life then.

Good or bad?

Neither. It just is.

My life then was comfortable, secure and I enjoyed it very much.

My life now is insecure, confusing, scary as all hell and I love it - but in a different way.

I've spent a few contemplative moments today trying to compare and contrast past lives and present lives and why things have changed so much. I came up with nothing.

Being unable to change the past, it seems more useful to try and make the most of the present and possibly influence the future.

So that's what I'm trying to do.

I don't always get it right but the trying's the thing and I couldn't keep going without those people who are there to keep me going.
You know who you are.

x

2 comments:

  1. I just read this. And then I realised.... I'm so sorry - I should've text(ed??) you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ach...like you say, it's not really something to be marked. x

    ReplyDelete