Sunday 21 March 2010

Are we nearly there yet?




Three years on.




This song has been buzzing in my head for a few days now. One of my favourite singers. A little gloomy sounding, maybe, but with a sense of hope.


Sometimes it takes a while to realise that the journey's as important as the destination.

My 'just another day' three years ago sucked. Big time.

Today so far I've had a relaxed, pleasant time over coffee and breakfast with friends, a walk in the sunshine, emails and text messages from friends. Today is shaping up to be a good day.

Tomorrow should be fun and the rest of the week ought to be quite busy but hopeful for our new company.

Even if the unplanned happens I'll deal with it and move on. Apparently, I've gotten quite good at that now.

I couldn't have done it without the upbringing I had which was of the "I cried and cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man with no feet" school of philosophy.

I couldn't have done with without family and existing friends who provided support, encouragement and practical help.

I couldn't have done it without new friends who mix with old friends and my family seamlessly.

Looking over my shoulder I'm amazed at what's happened in three years - and yet all the time it was happening I was just trying to get on with stuff. The journey has been harrowing and fun in roughly equal measures and I had no choice in the starting point.

I have a choice in the destination but I don't know what it is yet...maybe I'll keep going for a bit and decide later. Maybe something will waylay me and slow the journey down - I dunno.

"Let me know when we get there - if we get there"



.

No comments:

Post a Comment