Saturday 21 February 2009

Vindicated






The last few days have been days of vindication for me.


Not smugness, you understand, just a confidence building feeling that I knew how things were and how they would turn out.



My sad duty, yesterday, was to attend a funeral for a distant relative. A lady who had lived a longish and full life so more a celebration of life than comiseration over a life cut short.
Nevertheless a difficult venue for me so I distracted myself other thoughts on my journey to the service.
I predicted that "The Lord's My Shepherd" to the tune "Crimmond" and "Abide With Me" would be racing certainties for the hymns.

The other day, in my blog, I guessed that TD would have no opinion about my decision to try B&W film photography. Over a companionable coffee today he admits he's seen my blog and that he did, indeed, have no opinion.

Mentally I also predicted that he'd roll his eyes at my decision to buy a 28mm prime lens...

A week or so ago a few people thought I might be twitchy about sharing my house with two friends. I was quietly confident that it wouldn't take more than a couple of days for us to find out feet around each other.

Finally, this evening we introduced B to C. B's not at all sure he wants to meet someone new. He's not had a good day and he's tired and feeling a bit under the weather. I reassure him that he'll like C.

In all these cases I have been correct in my assessment.

These days I often lose confidence in instincts that have generally served me so well. When that happens I run around fretting and picking at things that can be safely left alone.

So these last few days have given me quite the confidence boost.

Hopefully enough for me to relax and enjoy the next few days before I start annoying people with my incessant need to unpick the fabric of the universe.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment